Tyrolean Wraps ( Involtini )
12 slices of veal steak
3,5 oz cooked ham
6 hot dogs
2 oz butter
½ bouillon cube
½ glass of white dry wine
1 packet of gelatin
- Remove fatty parts from the meat. Beat the steaks lightly.
- Salt them and put a slice of cooked ham and 3 cooked hot dogs.
- Wrap the hot dogs with the meat and shape the wraps (“Involtinis”).
- Fry them in butter until they get golden brown.
- Add the wine and leave it to evaporate.
- Add a little of hot water with half a bouillon cube and continue to cook over low heat.
- Prepare gelatin by letting it melt.
- Drain the cooking juice from the wraps and place them on an oval plate. Place the pickled vegetables between the wraps.
- Pour the lukewarm gelatin over it and place the plate in the refrigerator; remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.
When thinning slices of meat for “involtinis”, make sure that the meat fibers do not break and that the meat does not stick to the meat cutting board. To avoid this, place a sheet of oiled paper or cling film on both the board and the meat; this will cushion the blow and make the process easier.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 495
Keywords: involtini, meat, veal, veal steak