Veal Meatloaf – The Mediterranean Way
10 oz of veal leg
8 oz of Cottage cheese
2 oz Parmesan
1,5 oz bread crumbs
3, 5 oz butter
3 oz flour
4 cups of milk
2 tablespoons Ouzo
- Mix the cleaned veal leg with fresh cottage cheese, one whole egg and two egg yolks, parmesan, salt, pepper, and a grated nutmeg
- Heat butter in a bowl and add beaten sage and rosemary.
- Form a loaf from the before obtained mixture that can fit in a bowl, and roll it into bread crumbs.
- Fry the loaf on both sides and add the Ouzo to it and let it evaporate.
- Grease a refractory bowl with butter. Put the loaf in a bowl, sprinkle it with grated Parmesan cheese. Place it in the oven for about 1 hour at a moderate temperature.
- While the loaf is baking, prepare a béchamel of 3 oz flour, 3,5 oz butter, and 4 cups of milk. Béchamel must be quite liquid.
- When the loaf is baked, take it out of the oven. Place it on an oval plate to cool, pour the béchamel over it and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Then cut it into slices and serve with baked new potatoes.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 760
Keywords: veal, meatloaf, Mediterranean