Many of us love a good Potato Soup, but this Baked Potato Soup goes above and beyond expectations for a Potato Soup which contains potatoes and onions.
1/4 cup of butter
1 garlic clove (minced)
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of sweet onion (chopped)
1 extra-large chicken bouillon cube
2 cups of milk
1 (24-oz.) package of frozen steam-and-mash potatoes
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
cooked and crumbled bacon
sliced green onions
- In the first step, melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Then add garlic and onion and cook, stirring often, until golden, for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the second step, use flour to sprinkle onion mixture and stir until coated. Stir in 3 cups of water and bouillon cube. Now, bring to a boil over medium heat and stir often. Next, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the third step, microwave potatoes, using the directions on the package. Note: Do not add milk or butter.
Now, stir potatoes, pepper, and milk into onion mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, for about 10 minutes. When done, serve with desired toppings.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of reduced-fat refrigerated pesto sauce, a quarter cup of mayonnaise, and 1/3 lb. peeled, cooked, and chopped shrimp.
- Now, spoon onto six toasted French bread slices.
- Use grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle it. Bake at 400° until bubbly and browned, for about 10 minutes.
- Calories: 632
Keywords: potato, soup, onion, greens, Cheddar cheese