Unique Spaghetti Squash with Heirloom Tomato Sauce
When you are looking for a healthy recipe for your family, you can try this recipe for creating a delicious spaghetti squash with heirloom tomato sauce. There are some important things that you should prepare, so you can make this recipe easily. This recipe is very healthy because it contains a lot of useful nutrients for your body. The combination of squash and tomato sauce can improve your overall health significantly. This recipe is also suitable for any of your events. You can impress your guests by creating this delicious recipe for them.
Prepare All Ingredients
It is important to prepare everything properly, so you can avoid getting any problems during the preparation process. This recipe is good for you who want to make 2 – 3 servings. Here are some ingredients that you need to prepare before you start creating this recipe.
1 spaghetti squash
3 lbs heirloom tomatoes
1 chopped medium onion
1 peeled and minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 – 1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
Fresh ground pepper
Don’t forget to prepare some kitchen supplies or equipment for cooking this spaghetti squash, for example oven, simmer, frying pan, skillet, and many other important tools. These tools can help you accelerate your cooking progress.
Bake Your Spaghetti Squash
1. Create spaghetti by piercing the squash frequently. Use sharp knife for creating this spaghetti easily. One spaghetti squash is good to make enough spaghetti for 2 – 3 persons. Make sure that you do all procedures quickly, so you can maintain the quality of your squash.
2. Place your spaghetti on the baking pan. Use baking paper as an additional layer below your spaghetti squash. This baking paper is very useful to prevent your spaghetti from being burnt.
3. Bake this spaghetti squash in the oven at about 375 degrees. Leave it in the oven for about 45 – 60 minutes before you take it out. Make sure the flesh is tender before you remove it from the oven.
Prepare the Heirloom Tomato Sauce
1. Heat the olive oil over the medium heat. Use skillet for warming up this olive oil. Make sure that the skillet is large enough to have all tomatoes.
2. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds on this pan. Add onion to improve the flavor of this tomato sauce.
3. Add all tomatoes to the simmer pan. You can increase the heat to reach medium high heat, in order to complete the cooking process. Adjust the heat to keep tomatoes cooking at the right temperature.
4. Add the rest of ingredients to the solution, such as oregano, pepper, salt, sugar, and some other useful ingredients. Mix everything properly to create delicious heirloom tomato sauce.
Combine the Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce
Once you are ready with both items, you can combine the spaghetti squash with heirloom tomato sauce. Enjoy this delicious spaghetti with your lovely families. You can add the tomato sauce on top of your spaghetti to improve its flavor. If you love cheese, you can also add Pecorino Romano on your spaghetti. Enjoy this delicious recipe for your dinner. It is very healthy for most people today because it has low fat, high protein, and high vitamins or minerals.
July 18, 2016
July 14, 2016
September 08, 2015