This recipe is easy to make, it is healthy and also very delicious. Thai-flavoured honey glazed chicken recipe bursts with stickiness and spiciness, which is a great combination.
Next time you want to make a great meal, try out this amazing dish and invite your friends or make this for your family.
- 1 lb or 453 grams of chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoon of Chinese five-spice (this spice can be found in any spice section)
- A quarter of teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of fine grain sea salt
- A quarter of teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of raw organic honey
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (for example, black seeds)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, slices of fresh chili and lime wedges for garnish
- 3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon/lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of mayo
- Take a large sheet of parchment paper and toss the chicken strips with cayenne pepper, five-spice, pepper and salt onto it.
- Now, fold over the paper and use a rolling pin (or a plastic bottle) to bash the chicken, until the chicken gets flatten a bit and well rubbed.
- Next, take a small bowl and combine in it a lime juice, olive oil, and honey in order to make a marinade.
- In the next step, transfer the chicken to a large Ziplock bag or a shallow sealable container and add the marinade.
- Seal or cover it and put marinate in the refrigerator for least 15 to 20 minutes.
Tip: If you are using an outdoor grill, make sure to add a little bit of oil on the grill gates. Now, cook it until it's nicely charred and cooked through, for about 4 - 5 minutes per each side. Put it on a plate. Now, scatter with sesame seeds and toss it to coat. Serve it with lime wedges, slices of fresh chili (if you want), sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro, and Sriracha mayo on the side.