You can create your own frozen desserts with wholesome ingredients, such as yogurt and fruits with an ice cream maker. This strawberry frozen yogurt is an excellent alternative to ice cream which is commercial.
This treat contains very low amount of calories, even though it has some sugar, and it is fat-free. Frozen strawberries are a great alternative if the fruit is not in season.
However, even if you don’t have an ice cream maker, there is still a way for you to enjoy a homemade frozen yogurt, which is far better than the one bought in stores. In order to do this, you have to use unsweetened frozen fruit and whirl it with buttermilk or yogurt in a food processor.
Health benefits of strawberries
Strawberries are one of the most refreshing and healthy treats you can find. The strawberries are a very popular fruit, and it doesn’t matter if they are frozen or fresh. In addition, they pack a lot of health benefits. Strawberries are a great source of antioxidants, such as manganese and vitamin C. They are also an excellent source of folate, iodine, and dietary fiber. In addition, strawberries are a good source of potassium, phosphorus, vitamin B6, omega-3 fatty acids, copper, biotin, and magnesium. Strawberries have some great health benefits, such as:
– Strawberries promote pre-natal health
– Strawberries aid in weight management
– Strawberries boost fiber
– Strawberries regulate blood pressure
– Strawberries reduce inflammation
– Strawberries fight bad cholesterol
– Strawberries keep wrinkles at bay
– Strawberries help fight cancer
– Strawberries promote eye health
– Strawberries boost immunity.
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped and halved lengthwise
- Place your ice cream maker insert into the freezer, about 24 hours before you make your frozen yogurt. First, take a medium bowl and add sugar, lemon zest, rum, lemon juice, and strawberries in it and toss. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Now, leave the strawberries to macerate at a room temperature for about one hour. Put the strawberries along with their juices to a food processor.
- Next, pulse the berries and now add the yogurt and vanilla beans seeds. Now, blend it until it's smooth. Place it in the refrigerator to chill for about one hour. Pour the chilled yogurt mixture in your ice cream machine and turn it on. Churn it about 12 to 15 minutes, until the mixture looks slushy like soft serve. At the end, put it in the freezer for a few hours, until it's hard enough to scoop.