If you are looking for an easy and delicious meal for your next dinner, look no further since this recipe will have you smiling ear to ear. Cubed chicken breast which is cooked in the slow cooker with a simple, creamy sauce mixture.
This is very easy to make on a busy day. If you want you can also serve it over hot cooked rice. This slow cooker recipe requires about 5 hours, but once it is done you will see that the effort didn’t go to waste.
It is recommended to start when you have time in the afternoon because later in the day most people get crazy with soccer practice, homework and all the other activities which make evenings hectic. Even if you children are not doing any sport you should start it earlier in the day, because otherwise, you might starve your family. Keep in mind that this recipe is a little bit of a blank slate. You should consider adding peas with the cream cheese or mushrooms with the chicken because otherwise, they might get overcooked.
This is one of the dishes which almost every family member likes. However, in case your son or daughter doesn’t agree with other family members you can keep it simple and serve vegetables on the side so nobody can find ingredients to complain about. You can also try to make your own Italian dressing mix instead of buying the packaged version. It is not hard to make and you shouldn’t have any trouble getting great results. Another reason is the price since it is much cheaper than buying the packets.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (cubed)
- 1 package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (7 ounces)
- ⅛ cup margarine
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10 ounces)
- In the first step, put margarine, dressing mix and chicken in slow cooker.
- Now, mix together and cook on low heat for about 5 to 6 hours.
- Next, add soup and cream cheese, mix together and cook on high heat until heated through and warm, for about half an hour.