Apple pie is one of the all-time classic desserts. This dish is favorite all around the world. This popular dessert is eaten during special events, on holidays, and just for fun.
If you want to make the best apple pie ever, then buy apples at farmers’ markets where you can pick up lots of different varieties. Read on in order to learn how to make simple and easy apple pie.
– Preparation time: 45 minutes
– Cook time: 45 minutes
– Total time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
– Yield: 8 servings per recipe
Serving Size: 1 (202 grams)
Amount per serving and daily value (%):
– 338 calories
– 120 calories from fat (36%)
– 13.5 grams of total fat (20%)
– 8.4 grams of saturated fat (41%)
– 264 milligrams of sodium (11%)
– 34 milligrams of cholesterol (11%)
– 4 grams of dietary fiber (16%)
– 54 grams of total carbohydrate (17%)
– 3.3 grams of protein (6%)
– 30 grams of sugars (117%)
Ingredients for crust:
– 1 and 1⁄2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1⁄2 cup of butter or 1⁄2 cup of margarine
– 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
– 1⁄4 cup of cold water
Ingredients for filling:
– 6 to 7 medium apples
– 2 teaspoons of lemon juice (This is optional)
– 1⁄3 cup of brown sugar
– 1⁄4 cup of sugar
– 1⁄2 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1⁄4 teaspoon of allspice
– 1 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon of all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon of butter or 1 tablespoon of margarine
Directions for crust: In the first step, mic together flour and salt in a medium to large sized bowl. Now, cut in butter with a pastry blender. Do this until you have oatmeal-sized pieces of butter. Next, slowly add water, small amounts at a time, and toss with a fork until dough starts to come together. In the second step, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half before rolling, because this recipe makes the top and bottom crust.
At the end of this step, place one crust in the pie pan, and set the other aside. Directions for filling: In the first step, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. After about 5 minutes of preheating, pre-bake the bottom pie shell for about 1 to 2 minutes. In the second step, cut apples and sprinkle with lemon juice (This is optional), and set aside in a medium to large sized bowl. In the next step, mix sugars, 2 tablespoons of flour and spices in another bowl.
Reserve 2 to 3 tablespoons of mixture in a separate bowl. Now, toss apples in the mixture, and arrange in pie pan (Dome shape works great). Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of flour and then with reserved mixture. Dot with butter and then cover with second crust. At the end of this step, seal edges and slit steam vents. In the last step, bake for about 10 minutes at 450 degrees F, then rotate pie and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.