When you need to find a good idea to make your dinner for your family, you can try to use this pumpkin mac and cheese recipe. This recipe allows you to make delicious mac and cheese easily. The whole cooking process only takes about an hour to be completed. You don’t need to spend a lot of time for creating this delicious meal. There are some important steps that you should do, so you can make your favorite recipe easily. This recipe is good for 8 servings with 3/4 cup each serving. Here are some necessary things that you should do today.
- 2 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine (If you want to use healthier option, you can use margarine)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp table salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup whipping cream or regular cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (Fontina cheese can be a perfect option for creating this recipe)
- 15-ounce pumpkin
- 1 tbsp fresh sage (You can also use ½ tsp ground dried leaf sage)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1./3 chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Don't forget to preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F. It can help you accelerate the cooking process easily.
- Cook your macaroni based on the instructions. Most products should be cooked for about 5 - 10 minutes until they can reach their perfect texture. Drain cooked pasta to remove excess water from your macaroni
- Create your cheese sauce by using a medium saucepan. Melt the butter on the medium heat. Stir in salt, pepper, and flour to the mixture. Add cream and milk at the same time. Cook everything properly until it is thickened and bubbly. After you get the thickened sauce, add the rest of the ingredients, such as pumpkin, cheese, and also sage. Cook them completely until the cheese is melted.
- Put this cheese sauce to your macaroni. Cover everything with this sauce to have this delicious pumpkin mac and cheese easily. Transfer all ingredients to the baking dish. Add some other ingredients, such as Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, oil, and walnuts, on top of the macaroni.
- Bake your mac and cheese for about 30 minutes in 350' F. Let it stand for about 10 minutes before you can enjoy this delicious meal.
Enjoy This Mac and Cheese for Your Dinner
You can serve this meal for your dinner. This meal is very delicious for most people today. Many people love this recipe because it offers different tasting experience for themselves. You can also consume this mac and cheese for your snack. It is very easy to create this recipe. You don’t need to spend a lot of your time for making this dish. All ingredients are also available in the local market. You can make this mac and cheese for your family today.