Potato paneer tots are full of flavor and delicious. They are soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Potato paneer tots are made by mixing paneer and shredded potatoes and then deep dried in a bullet shape.
They are served with ketchup or tomato sauce. Potato paneer tots are an excellent choice at any time of the day. You can eat them with a sandwich or during afternoon tea time. Make them for you children and surprise them with this great and easy to make the dish.
The potatoes contain minerals and vitamins, as well as many phytochemicals, such as natural phenols and carotenoids. 90% of the potato tuber natural phenols constitutes of chlorogenic acid. 3,5-dicaffeoylquinic acids, 3,4-dicaffeoylquinic, 5-O-caffeoylquinic, and 4-O-caffeoylquinic acid are others found in potatoes. A medium-size potato (150 grams) provides 28 milligrams of vitamin C, 0.3 milligrams of vitamin B6, 630 milligrams of potassium and trace amounts of zinc, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, niacin, folate, riboflavin, and thiamin. All these vitamins and minerals are great reasons to add potatoes in your diet.
Potato Paneer Tots Recipe
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt adjust to your personal taste
- 1 cup of mashed paneer
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper Hari Mirch, finely chopped
Ingredients for batter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour plain flour or maida
- 5 tablespoons of water
You will also need
- Oil to fry
- In the first step, combine flour and water together and make a smooth, thin batter. When done, keep it aside.
- Now, peel the skin off the potatoes and shred them in a food processor. In the next step, boil the water in a pan.
- Next, put the shredded potatoes in the water after it comes to boil and let it boil for about two to three minutes until they are just tender. Tip: Make sure not to overcook the potatoes because they will become mushy. You should be able to feel the shredded potatoes.
- In the third step, drain the water and pour some cold water over the potatoes once they are cooked. Gently squeeze the excess water out of them and try not to make the shredded potatoes mushy. Now, mix mashed paneer, shredded potatoes, jalapeno pepper, and salt together.
- Next, divide the potato mixture into about 24 equal parts. Form them into a bullet shape and set them aside.
- In the next step, take a frying pan and heat the oil in it on medium high heat. The frying pan should contain at least one and a half inch of oil.
- In order to check if the oil is hot enough, put one small piece of the mixture in the oil, it should sizzle and come up right away.
- Now, dip each potato ball in the batter one at a time and gently drop into the frying pan. In this step, fry tots and turn them occasionally, until golden-brown all around.
- When done, remove them using a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. In the last step, serve them with your choice of coriander chutney or ketchup or tamarind chutney. However, keep in mind that they also taste great on their own.