This easy to prepare and delicious recipe is sure to be one of your favorites. Hearty enough for a dish. The Meat filling is the key here and it also makes a great filling for quesadillas and tacos.
Mexican chicken nachos recipe can be modified in order to meet your personal taste. We recommend that you serve it with guacamole and sour cream. Be creative and do as you want. If you desire, you can add black beans or refried beans into the chicken mixture.
In case you are concern about soggy chips, you can always pre-bake them in your oven for about 5 to 7 minutes in order to ensure crispiness. However, many people skip this step. Add some finely chopped jalapeno or throw on some sliced jalapeno rings with tomatoes into the chicken mixture, if you like spicy. You will love this recipe. Make it for you children or the whole family. If you want to impress your friends, make it for Sunday lunch and surprise them with these delicious Mexican chicken nachos. We have no doubt that they will love it as much as you do.
Mexican Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 1 lb . of ground chicken or 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- Onion powder
- 1 can of black beans or 15 ounces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of enchilada sauce or 10 ounces, hot, medium, or mild
- 1 ⁄2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of tortilla chips or 11 ounces
- 1 can of condensed cheddar cheese soup or 10 and 3/4 ounces
- 1 package of taco seasoning or 1 ounce
- 3 ounces of light sour cream
- In the first step, take a large frying pan and place the ground chicken in it.
- Sprinkle with onion powder, pepper, and salt.
- Brown until no longer pink and then drain any excess liquid.
- In the second step, open the black beans and drain the liquid, while the chicken is browning. Now, place in a food processor and blend until slightly chunky. Tip: Just like refried beans.
- In the next step, pour the enchilada sauce over the chicken and then mix in the beans, taco seasoning and cheese soup.
- Next, heat until warm.
- When heat enough, stir in the shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Make sure to stir until cheese is melted. In the last step, place the chips on plates and then pour the desired amount of chicken mixture over them.