Sweet potato stays sweet. It doesn’t matter how much you salted it and forced it to not be, it remains stubbornly sweet.
On the other hand, it is much healthier than the regular potato and you should eat it as often as you can.
I make all kinds of sweets of it, adding it to vegetable stews or mixing it with potato when preparing mashed potato.
This recipe shows you how to, in an innovative way prepare this, these days very popular food, and make it more interesting.
All the rest is left to your imagination and taste!
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 2-3 shallots (or 1 onion)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix Dijon mustard with 6 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried sage (or fresh), 2 tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees.
- Wash, peel and cut sweet potato into slices.
- Cut apples to half, remove the pits and cut into slices.
- Slice the onion into slices, too.
- In another bowl mix the sauce and sweet potato and place on one side of the baking pan.
- Then mix the apples with sauce and put on the other half of the baking pan.
- This separation of sweet potatoes and apples is because we'll bake these apples for 10-15 minutes and then remove them from the pot, and then continue to bake a sweet potato for 15-20 minutes.
- When sweet potato is baked, mix it with apples, mix everything together and serve hot.