How To Boil Broccoli
1. Use the knife to separate broccoli flowers, and cut them to make them equal size. The palates may be peeled if you wish.
Put it all into the strainer and wash well under the water jet.
2. Into the shallow bowl with the handles put two slices of lemon and a pinch of salt. When the water starts boiling, put broccoli flowers into the bowl and cook for 10 minutes.
3. When the broccoli is cooked, remove it from the water using a wicker spatula. If you plan to serve it immediately, spice it to your wish. If you plan to prepare it cold, put cooked broccoli into the bowl of a cold water with ice.
The Second way to prepare the broccoli
1. Cut all the flowers.
2. You’ll get a thick stem where were the flowers.
3. With a few knife moves peel the stem and cut it into the few cylinders.
4. Now, every of these cylinders cut lengthways into four pieces and put them cooking along with broccoli flowers. They need same time until cooked.
5. Another thing, don’t put the broccoli into the bowl with a water – cook it on steam.
6. When cooked, spice it with olive oil or Provencal mixture of spices, and enjoy.
So, basically, you need to boil the broccoli for about 10 minutes, no longer. And you can serve it spiced as you wish: using olive oil, salt, apple vinegar, basil, oregano, dill – anything goes great with broccoli.