These days people are moving more and more towards making their own food at home. There is a few reason for this: it reduces preservative intake, it tastes better, it is usually substantially cheaper compared what you find in the store and it is more nutritious.
At first, it does take some time, but when you get used to it, most preparation doesn’t take much more time than going to the store in order to buy it, take it home, pop it out of the package and follow the instructions. Homemade bread is one example of this trend.
It is substantially tastier than bread bought in the store is very inexpensive to make, isn’t laden with preservatives, and doesn’t take all that much time. Are you a fan of the great smell of bread baking in the oven? This easy, healthy bread recipe will help you enjoy freshly baked bread more often. You can serve these delicious loaves fresh from the oven with stews, soups, as toast, in sandwiches, and even between-meal treat or snack. Here is the basic bread recipe which bakes up golden brown. You will enjoy the aroma of freshly-baked homemade bread in your kitchen.
- 500 grams of strong bread flour
- 7 grams of sachet fast action dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 300 milligrams of hand-hot water
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- In the first step, take a bowl and tip the flour into it and mix the yeast with the salt. Now, stir in the honey, oil, and water. Bring together in order to make a soft dough. You can use your hands, but a knife or spoon from the cutlery drawer is also fine. In this step, tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. It is worth to put in the time to do this since it will pay off later with great airy bread.
- In the second step, don’t keep adding four, since a wet dough is better compared to a dry one, which will bake texture that is too tough. Therefore, lightly oil your hands in case you don’t like the dough sticking to them. If you want to add flavorings, gently knead them in now. In the third step, turn the dough into an oiled bread tin and use oiled cling film to cover it. Place it in a warm place for about 1 to 2 hours, until the bread fills the tin.
- In the last step, uncover and bake your bread at 200 degrees C, until golden, for about 30 to 35 minutes. Now, tip out of the tin and tap the base of the loaf. When it is fully cooked it should sound hollow. In case it is not cooked, put the loaf back in the oven out of the tin and test again after 10 minutes. Let it cool.