It’s well-known fact that you should have fish on your menu at least twice a week. Fish is a great source of high-quality proteins, minerals, and vitamin B, and, of course, Omega – 3 acids.
Anchovies are a great choice for a busy working week menu.
Beside Omega – 3 acids they contain calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus – the vitamins important for your bones health.
And, it’s not all about health: anchovies are salty and tasty and they will surely enrich every meal with their nutritional wealth.
Homemade Anchovy Fillet Recipe
- 500 gr anchovies;
- 5 squeezed lemons juice;
- White pepper;
- Olive oil;
- Oregano to taste;
- Clean anchovies, remove the shells, heads and tails, wash them and drain;
- Cut them to fillets, remove bones and put them on wide plate;
- Sprinkle anchovies with lemon juice, add salt and white pepper and leave them marinating for at least 12 hours. Remember to turn over them from time to time;
- After 12 hours or when anchovies get a white color, take them out from marinade;
- Put them on porcelain or glass plate, add olive oil and oregano to taste... And enjoy your meal!;