People love a good egg salad sandwich, which is made of the eggs, mayo, the faint but not overwhelming tang of raw onion, and celery.
This is perfect recipe if you want simple and unchallenging nursery food. Many people love egg salad and not just because you can throw anything beyond eggs and mayonnaise.
Although hard boiled eggs and mayonnaise are the baselines, you can add whatever you want, like onions and celery and make any substitutions you want, as well. The way you cut up the eggs is up to you. If you don’t have any tool in your kitchen, you can just slice them up with a knife. Mashing the eggs with a fork will work, too.
How finely you mash up the eggs is also one thing which is up to you. Keep in mind to choose your favorite mayonnaise, since it has dominated flavor. Also make sure to get the best eggs you can, since this dish is made almost entirely of eggs. This recipe is easy to make and great breakfast for your children before they go to school. Since this dish doesn’t require a lot of time, it is also an excellent choice when you are in a hurry.
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup of small-dice celery (about 1 stalk)
- 2 tablespoons of dill pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper (plus more as needed)
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt, (plus more as needed)
- In the first step, take a medium saucepan and place the eggs in it. Make sure that the eggs sit in a single layer. Now, add enough cold water in order to cover them by one inch.
- In the next step, bring it to a boil over high heat, then remove the pan from the heat, cover it with a lid which is tight fitting, and leave the eggs in the hot water for about 8 minutes.
- In the second step, transfer the eggs into a big bowl by using a slotted spoon, and fill the bowl with enough cold water in order to cover the eggs by several inches.
- Now, carefully crack the shell of each egg against the side of the bowl. Let them sit in the water for about 30 minutes, until cool.
- In the third step, Drain the eggs and wipe out the bowl, once the eggs are cool. Peel each egg and rinse off any bits of shell.
- Now, cut them in half and put back in the big bowl. Mash the halves into small pieces, using a potato masher or fork. In the last step, Add the ingredients which have remained and stir in order to combine.
- Now, taste it and season with additional pepper and salt as you like.