There is nothing as tantalizing as a well-made vanilla cake topped with a frosting of any choice. It’s possible to prepare the fluffiest vanilla cake right at home without having to buy from cake shops. You only need to understand your ingredients and following the correct recipe to the book.
- You will need five egg whites large
- Three-quarter cup or about 180 ml milk (whole preferably)
- Two and three-quarter cups or 315 grams of cake flour or all purpose flour
- One and three-quarter cups or 200 grams of sugar
- One-half tablespoon or 20 grams of baking powder
- Three-quarter teaspoon or 5 grams of salt
- Twelve Table Spoons or 170 grams of unsalted pale butter
- Two and a quarter or 9 grams of vanilla powder
- The baking method called creaming is the most suitable for coming up with the fluffiest vanilla cake.
- In a huge bowl, mix the cake flour/all purpose flour with the baking powder and salt until a fine mix is achieved.
- In a separate bowl, bring together the egg whites, butter, sugar and vanilla powder. Beat them with a moderate speed until you get a smooth fluffy mix.
- Now bring the dry flour mixture into the bowl with the egg-white mixture. Machine-mix the content until it is finely blended then add a bit of milk to it. Bring in only bits of the mixture right from the start scraping the bowl of the sides while at it. Never thrown all the dry flour at once, it may create lumps which will affect the end fluffy results.
- When the cake mix is ready, butter two cake pans, 9 inches preferably then flour them. This lines the pans to ensure the cake won't stick to the sides when baking in the oven. While preparing the pans, preheat the oven to about 350 Degree Farads.
- When the oven is hot enough, pour the cake mix into the two baking pans and let them bake for about 35 minutes. While the baking time varies with heat intensity, you can insert a toothpick, in intervals, at the middle to see if it comes out clean. If the toothpick comes out clean or with bits of crumbs the cake is ready. To be safe, always start checking when the first 30minutes are over.
- Let the cakes cool for about 10 to 15 minutes while you whip up the cake frosting.
Cake Frosting Ingredients
Cake frost is completely optional but it brings out the color and taste of the vanilla cake more. It only takes a few ingredients and minutes to whip up a perfect frost for the cake topping. You will need;
-45ml of Milk
-1 Scraped Vanilla Bean
-3 cups sifted confectioner Sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-13 ounces of unsalted butter cut into cubes
First, whip the butter to a pale and fluffy texture the add in the rest of the ingredients. It will only take six minutes to prepare a light and creamy vanilla frosting which then can be topped on the cake after it has cooled.