Young and old, we will all love these cute cupcakes. Christmas and New Year’s cupcakes are one of the most popular desserts during the Christmas holiday.
These Christmas cupcakes are very easy to make, they don’t take much effort to bake, they are also easy to decorate and serve, as well.
These cupcakes are suitable for any kind of New Year or Christmas gathering or party. If you want to make children happy, you can replace cookies for cupcakes on Santa Clause’s plate. One of the best things about New Year and Christmas cupcakes is that every person, young or old, will always enjoy them.
When looking for decorations and wrappers for New Year and Christmas cupcakes you will certainly find those which are specifically designed for this joyful part of the year. Also, you can use any edible decorations you want, such as candy canes, grated coconut and different frosting which is colored. That said, have fun with the children during Christmas and New Year holidays by making and decorating these, easy-to-make, delicious cakes.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 150 grams of pot fat-free natural yogurt
- 175 grams of unsalted butter, very soft
- 175 grams of golden caster sugar
- 280 grams of self-raising flour
- 200 grams of icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85 grams of unsalted butter, softened
- white chocolate buttons
- natural coloring icing pens
- white chocolate stars
- natural green food coloring (For Christmas trees)
- First, heat your oven to 190C/ gas 5/ 170 fans and then line a 10-hole muffin tin with cake cases. Next, Take a medium bowl and out all the cake ingredients in it. Now, mix with a whisk until its smooth. In the next step, spoon the mix into the cases and bake until it's golden and risen and a skewer comes out clean, for about 25 minutes. Now, cool on a wire rack. For the frosting, take the vanilla extract, icing sugar, and butter and beat until its creamy, pale and completely combined.
- Now, in order to make Christmas puddings, reindeer and snowmen, first spread the icing over the top of cakes. Next, lay the chocolate buttons on top of each cake and slice some buttons into quarters in order to make hats and ears. At the end, use icing pens for the details. Now, for the Christmas tree, use green food coloring to color the icing and pipe onto the cakes using a star-shaped nozzle. At the end, decorate with sprinkles, white chocolate stars, and sweets.
- Tip: You can put Christmas and New Year's cupcakes into the refrigerator, but make sure that they stay un-iced.