Bloomin’ onion bread is one of the best appetizers that you can prepare for your guests. With this, you can be assured that people will be licking their fingers and praising your culinary skills for a very long time. It is something that you will make and probably want to keep it all to yourself as it is simply out of this world.
As you are baking it, the sweet delicious aroma of the cooking onions will take over the kitchen.
The mixture of cheesy garlic bread and onion rings makes the perfect combination. The green onions will give the buttery and cheesy bread a great crunch that will fill your taste buds with awesomeness. This is because the bread if full of a variety of textures. Preparing the bread is quite an easy process as shown below:
Bloomin' Onion Bread
The ingredients that are needed to make the bread can easily be sourced from your local grocery thus you do not have to worry that you will miss anything. For this you will need
- 8-16 oz Monterey Jack cheese that has been thinly sliced
- 1 piece of sourdough bread loaf
- a cup of butter that has been melted
- a cup of green onions that have been diced finely
- 2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
To prepare the bloomin' onion bread, there are a couple of steps that you need to follow as highlighted below
- Cut the sourdough bread widthwise and lengthwise carefully without cutting all the way through to the bottom of the bread.
- Get the cheese slices and insert them between the cuts that you had previously made.
- Combine green onions, butter, and the poppy seeds. Stir all these ingredients so that they mix well.
- Place the bread and cheese in a baking sheet that has been lined with foil paper. Drizzle the mixture of butter, poppy seeds, and green onions evenly on the bread. If need be, move the green onions around the bread so as to spread them out.
- Carefully wrap the bread with a foil loosely and then bake it at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- When it is done, unwrap the bread and then bake it for another ten minutes or until all the cheese has melted. Serve when it is hot so that people can savor all the flavor of the bread.
Cutting the bread
One of the most challenging steps when preparing bloomin’ onion bread is probably cutting the bread in the proper way. It can, however, be made easier with the use of a serrated knife which will help you do it in the proper way. It is also important to note that note that you have to slice the cheese well so that you can get a gooey stringy cheese that helps to make the bread more interesting. If you would like the bread to become cheesier, you can add more cheese to get better results. Make sure you do a great job at stuffing the bread so that you end up with a great product at the end of the day.