One of the most incredibly delicious desserts imaginable is when banana bread meets vanilla cake. You should also know that this treat can be made in under 10 minutes and what you get is the holy grail of desserts.
Once you try this Banana Mug Cake recipe, you will be hooked for the rest of your life. This recipe is one of our favorite easy mug cake recipes and without a doubt, it will be yours, too. Is it really possible that something this good can really be this easy to make?
The answer is yes. We love mug cakes. They are simple yet divine. Make this delicious dessert for your children in a number of minutes and add it to your quick dessert recipe collection. Your children will love it.
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ overripe banana scant ¼ cup, mashed very well
- 1 tablespoon of applesauce
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts or pecans This is optional
- 1 tablespoon of buttermilk
- 1 recipe of quick cream cheese frosting Recipe is included in the directions below
- 1 and ½ tablespoons of cream cheese Softened in the microwave for a few seconds
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- In the first step, prepare simple cream cheese frosting by following the directions listed below, and then set it aside.
- Now, take a big mug and whisk together salt, cinnamon, baking powder, sugar, and flour in it. In this step, add in vegetable oil, mashed banana, vanilla, egg yolk, buttermilk, and applesauce. Make sure to stir mixture very well, until well blended.
- Tip: This is especially important when it comes to the flour at the bottom of the mug.
- In the next step, cook mixture in the microwave on high power for about 2 and a half to 3 minutes until done being cautious not to overcook or your cake may be spongy.
- In the last step, dollop with simple cream cheese frosting (Directions are written below), sprinkle with optional nuts and garnish with a few banana slices.
- Tip: Here you use additional banana, not that from ingredients. Once mug cake cools, it is not quite as good as being served warm. Enjoy.
- Take a small mixing bowl and whisk together powdered sugar and softened cream cheese in it, using a fork, until smooth.