Many of us love a good Potato Soup, but this Baked Potato Soup goes above and beyond expectations for a Potato Soup which contains potatoes and onions. Baked Potato Soup is, without a doubt, a warm and inviting comfort food.
You will instantly fall in love with this soup and be glad you made it. Once you try it, you will make it often. Below you will find our step by step recipe and easy to follow directions to be able to enjoy this simply great Baked Potato Soup.
Mashed potatoes serve as the base for this great soup. A creamy and thick baked potato soups are ideal for cold winter days, but you can make it anytime you want. Pile on your favorite baked potato toppings, such as sliced green onions, Cheddar cheese, and bacon. Whether baked, roasted or mashed, people usually consider potatoes as comfort food.
Potatoes are important food and the number one vegetable crop in the world. They are available year-round as they are harvested somewhere every month of the year. Potatoes are a very good source of vitamin B6 and a great source of dietary fiber, niacin, phosphorus, manganese, vitamin C, copper, potassium, and pantothenic acid.
Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sweet onion chopped
- 1 extra-large chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 package of frozen steam-and-mash potatoes 24-oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- cooked and crumbled bacon
- sliced green onions
- In the first step, melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Then add garlic and onion and cook, stirring often, until golden, for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the second step, use flour to sprinkle onion mixture and stir until coated.
- Stir in 3 cups of water and bouillon cube.
- Now, bring to a boil over medium heat and stir often.
- Next, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the third step, microwave potatoes, using the directions on package.
- Note: Do not add milk or butter.
- Now, stir potatoes, pepper, and milk into onion mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, for about 10 minutes.
- When done, serve with desired toppings.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of reduced-fat refrigerated pesto sauce, a quarter cup of mayonnaise and 1/3 lb. peeled, cooked, and chopped shrimp.
- Now, spoon onto six toasted French bread slices.
- Use grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle it.
- Bake at 400° until bubbly and browned, for about 10 minutes.